Saskatchewan Art News
Saskatoon photographer Thelma Pepper is this year’s recipient of the Lieutenant Governor’s Arts Award for Lifetime Achievement. The announcement was made September 28th. Thelma Pepper was born in 1920 in Kingston, Nova Scotia, where both...
The Shumiatchers’ latest gift to the University of Regina is a collection of art valued at up to $3 million. The donated works include about 300 Inuit sculptures and notable paintings by Saskatchewan artists, including by members of the renowned...
Famed Saskatchewan printmaker and painter Jack Cowin died on Wednesday, September 24th, in Arlington Heights, Illinois. He was 67. Jack Lee Cowin was born in 1947 in Indianapolis, Indiana. He studied printmaking there at Indiana University, receiving...
Saskatchewan-born international art dealer Frederick Mulder has donated 23 ceramic pieces created by Pablo Picasso to Saskatoon’s Remai Modern Art Gallery. The collection of ceramics, valued at $500,000 builds on the gallery’s already exceptional...
- New Art School and Studio Opens in Regina
- First Nations Gallery Opens in Regina
- Nude Saskatchewan - Call for Submissions
- New Art Space for Regina - Artful Dodger Cafe and TAE Gallery
- Artists chosen for celebration of 100th Anniversary of Legislature
- 405 Picasso Prints Donated to Remai Art Gallery of Saskatchewan
- Renowned Sculptor John Nugent Dies at Age 93
- Joe Fafard Honoured with Three Stamps