Saskatchewan Art News
While Regina’s MacKenzie Art Gallery is currently hosting an exhibition of 245 Indigenous artworks from the Kampelmacher Memorial Collection (through April 23rd, 2017) over 100 of these works will remain in the MacKenzie’s permanent collection,...
Well known Saskatchewan artist and educator Wynona Mulcaster died on August 25th, at her ranch in San Miguel de Allende, Mexico, at the age of 101. Wynona Mulcaster was born in 1915 in Prince Albert, Saskatchewan, and started devoting herself to artmaking...
Famed Saskatchewan painter Allen Sapp died in his sleep this morning, at age 87. Sapp was born in 1929 on the Red Pheasant Reserve in northern Saskatchewan, a descendant of the great plains Cree Chief Poundmaker. As a child, Sapp was often bed-ridden...
Renowned artist Frank Nulf, who taught Visual Arts at the University of Regina for nearly twenty years, and served as Dean of Fine Arts, died February 24th, in Sydenham, Ontario, at age 84.Nulf was born in Lima, Ohio in 1931, and achieved degrees in Science,...
- New Art School and Studio Opens in Regina
- First Nations Gallery Opens in Regina
- Nude Saskatchewan - Call for Submissions
- New Art Space for Regina - Artful Dodger Cafe and TAE Gallery
- Artists chosen for celebration of 100th Anniversary of Legislature
- 405 Picasso Prints Donated to Remai Art Gallery of Saskatchewan
- Renowned Sculptor John Nugent Dies at Age 93
- Joe Fafard Honoured with Three Stamps